Friday, November 17, 2006

Create Your Own Happiness

It's been a long time since I've posted to this blog. I have been updating my computer and I'm in the process of learning a new program to update my web site. Lots of things to do. I started a new blog at http://powerofgratitude.blogspot.com. My intention is to list three things I'm grateful for each day. I invite your comments about gratitude. I believe that by focusing on the positive and leaving behind the negative, we can lead happier lives.

It has long concerned me that unhappy couples tend to focus on what they don't like about their spouse. This is a set up for more unhappiness. Waiting for your partner to change is a fruitless exercise. If you're unhappy, change what you do. Look for the happiness that you can create. You, alone, are responsible for your happiness, not your partner. A book I recommend for strengthening your marriage by changing what you do is Michele Weiner-Davis's Divorce Busting.

Michelle E. Vásquez, Licensed Professional Counselor
210-663-9462
mevasquez55@aol.coom
Helping people build strong, healthy relationships

No comments: