Thursday, December 21, 2006

Recipe for the Holidays

December 21, 2006.

Christmas Crunch

This is a recipe that I modified from a cookbook that I absolutely love called The Great American Chocolate Contest Cookbook. I urge extreme caution with this recipe. Don't make too much of it because it is too tasty. You may find yourself eating way too much of it. The first time I made this, we ate so much of it that we had to make a whole new recipe for what I planned to give to others. Proceed with caution; you are duly warned!

The ingredients you need are as follows:
1 pound of white bark coating, Ambrosia brand
1 cup small pretzels
One to 1 1/2 cups salted peanuts
1 cup M & M's
3 cups Rice Chex cereal

Prepare a cookie sheet, lined with foil or waxed paper.

Put all of the dry ingredients in a large container such as a bowl or a Dutch oven. Set this aside while you melt the white bark coating.

If you have a microwave oven you can melt the white bark in the microwave. If you use the microwave, melt the white bark for two minutes on defrost, stirring after one minute. Watch it very carefully, because it's very easy to burn it in the microwave.

Personally, I like to use the stovetop, since I don't have a microwave. I feel like a get much better control that way. If you melt white bark on the stovetop, make sure to stir it constantly on low heat.

Pour the white bark on top of the dry ingredients. Toss them together with spatulas until the mixture is completely covered with the melted white bark.

Spread the white bark covered mixture onto prepared cookie sheets to cool. Once it has cooled, break into pieces like peanut brittle. Store in a cool place.


Michelle E. Vásquez, Licensed Professional Counselor
210-663-9462
michelle@womenhelpingothersachieve.com

Helping people build strong, healthy relationships

No comments: