Sunday, April 08, 2007

I truly believe that since I've been focusing on what I am grateful for, I find that I am happier and I have less need to complain. I hope that you, too, have found this to be true in your life.

Deciding to be grateful for your loved ones can bring about a new appreciation for them. Notice the little things your spouse (or partner or family member) does. Focus on these things and remember them the next time you are tempted to complain, criticize, or nag. You'll find it harder to utter a negative phrase if you are focusing on what you like.

Today I am grateful for:
1. My loving husband
2. My family
3. A career that brings me joy and satisfaction
4. My growing knowledge of technology (self-taught, mostly!)
5. My 17 year old cat
6. New clients I meet everyday who allow me to journey with them as they learn to live more fulfilling lives
7. My circle of friends who encourage me in my professional and personal growth

Now it's your turn. Think of seven things you are grateful for today. I'm sure you can do it! I wish you joy and wellness and a day full of gratitude. Until next time, Michelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww that is nice. 17yr old cat wow! Mine is 10. Keep up wit the good blogs

Michelle E. Vásquez, MS, LPC said...

Thanks, Angel, for reading and commenting on my post. Our pets are our joy. I'm glad you've given a good home to your cat also. Take care and keep focusing on gratitude! Michelle