Wednesday, November 12, 2008

You Hate to Argue. Really?

I have an observation I'd like to share. Through the years working with many different clients I have noticed a curious phenomenon. I keep hearing this phrase:

"I hate to argue."

Well, I would agree with that. Arguing is quite unpleasant and never makes me feel closer to my loved ones. The problem with this statement is that I've found that the people who say it tend to be the most argumentative, angry people I've met!

So what are they really saying? I cannot read minds, but I am going to take a guess based on my work with the "I Hate To Arguers." I think they are really saying, "I hate to be argued with. I hate to have people disagree with me. If people would just agree with me I would have no need to tell them how wrong they are and life would be so much simpler." In other words, "I know best, so do it my way."

What are your thoughts about this? Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, so I'd love to hear what you think.

Ask me about Relationship Coaching special rates for 2009! Offer expires December 31, 2008.

Receive free weekly tips and tools for creating the relationship of your dreams when you sign up to receive my newsletter Relationship Success at: http://sanantoniorelationshipcoach.com/

For a list of books I recommend go to: http://sanantoniorelationshipcoach.com/Recommended_Resources.html

Want to be a Conscious Dater? Check out: http://www.meetup.com/consciousdatingsanantonio-com/ Post your thoughts and comments about dating at: http://awaresingle.blogspot.com/

Michelle E. Vásquez, MS, LPCSan Antonio Relationship Coach, Licensed Professional Counselor
I help people attract the life they want and create the relationships that bring them joy.210-663-94628107 Broadway, Suite 200, San Antonio, TX 78209 http://www.sanantoniorelationshipcoach.com

No comments: